The courthouse was constructed of "Peak Creek Sandstone" in 1896. The clock and the belfry were added in 1911. After being nearly destroyed by a fire in 1989 the facility was fully restored a short time thereafter. The structure combines elements of the Richardsonian Romanesque and Queen Anne styles of architecture. Serving as the formal entrance to the building is a stone arch. This was constructed to serve as the entrance to the Pulaski County exhibit at the Jamestown Exposition in 1907.
The courthouse was named to the National Register in 1981 and the public is welcome to tour the building and view all the displays of Pulaski County history. Of particular interest is the local history of African Americans. Developed by Mrs. Lucy Harmon, the display profiles, among others, Mr Chauncy Harmon, an early civil rights advocate in the 1950's.

Museum Exhibits